Re: Website update?
- From: "Richard Hoelscher" <rah rahga com>
- To: "Tom von Schwerdtner" <tomvons gmail com>
- Cc: gnome web <gnome-web-list gnome org>, "Foster, Gareth" <gareth foster siemens com>
- Subject: Re: Website update?
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:03:45 -0500 (CDT)
Tom von Schwerdtner said:
> Plone aside, I'm still very into this idea. Are any of the people who
> actually have control over the sites interested in any restructuring?
> I'm fairly hesitant to do much with something like this unless I know
> that the idea has not already been shot down or there isn't already a
> behind-the-scenes effort underway (I found nothing in the list
> archive, but I could have missed it).
Personally, I'd like to see someone pull a gnomefiles.org for this
situation... put together a gold mine for gnome developers that combined
API, docs, typcial wiki junk, and maybe forums together in a secure,
stable environment. I don't think it'll happen by someone installing
Postnuke, Plone, or PooodleSkirtWikiOfTheMoment and then immediately
asking for a blessing. Rather, it'll need sweat, love, and a bit of
guerrilla marketing. Once it works (independent of gnome.org itself) and
people love it, then lobby to make it official in some manner.
] [Thread Prev