Re: Simplified logo masthead

Jeff Waugh wrote:

We've chosen to avoid browser-specific hacks, but anything we can do to make
the GIF look better is great.
I just checked on IE, and it doesn't look too bad (a lot better than the monochrome version in Richard's screenshot). Here's the two images for reference:
   http://www.gnome.org/img/logo/text-64.png
   http://www.gnome.org/img/logo/text-64.gif

The main difference is that the GIF version doesn't antialias as well against the green, but that's going to be difficult to fix unless we re-render the GIF version for each masthead background.

James.