Re: "AddDefaultCharset UTF-8" for all parts of .gnome.org?

Ross Golder wrote:

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 10:19 +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
Ross Golder wrote:

The only other place where there's a AddDefaultCharSet is a
'AddDefaultCharSet off' in developer.gnome.org/doc/API. I've commented
it out for now, but does anyone know what that might be there for?

Here's the mailing list thread that led to the change:
   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-doc-list/2002-November/msg00020.html

It looks like gtk-doc is still outputting latin1, so changing over to UTF-8 would cause display problems. The safest solution would probably be to just get gtk-doc to output US-ASCII, so it won't matter how the web server is configured ...

OK, I've just tried to figure out how the docs are generated etc to make
this change. As far as I can see, I would need to update the gtk-doc.xsl
file in the gtk-doc CVS module, changing the 'default.encoding'
xsl:param from 'ISO-8859-1' to 'US-ASCII', then run the
'update-devel-docs-2.0' script to rebuild the docs?
I've made the change to gtk-doc in CVS, so I guess rebuilding the docs should fix them now (it's probably worth outputting the docs in US-ASCII all the time for maximum compatibility).

James.