Re: "AddDefaultCharset UTF-8" for all parts of .gnome.org?

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 00:36 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
><quote who="Ross Golder">
>
>> Seems to me that we doing the AddDefaultCharset thing across the board
>> would be a good thing, with the exception of bugzilla (at least for now,
>> while a UTF8-enabled bugzilla isn't forthcoming). Anyone that chirps up
>> and identifies a broken area (e.g. Carlos in the post above) should be
>> persuaded to iconv/recode it to UTF8 and re-commit it. If that isn't
>> possible for some reason, we can add Directory/Location blocks to
>> disable/override the 'AddDefaultCharset' per-area until it can be fixed.
>>
>> Is that a reasonable understanding of the situation?
>
>Yeah... can we safely put AddDefaultCharset in each VirtualHost definition?

I reckon so. What's the worst that could happen? :)

Rather than add it to each virtualhost, I've set it globally
(/etc/httpd/conf/defaultcharset.conf). If absolutely necessary, we can
then use 'AddDefaultCharset off' if/where it needs to be disabled (that
is, if/where it can't be re-encoded to UTF-8 at source).

The only other place where there's a AddDefaultCharSet is a
'AddDefaultCharSet off' in developer.gnome.org/doc/API. I've commented
it out for now, but does anyone know what that might be there for?

Cheers,

--
Ross