Re: Header links and developer tools tab bar [Was: LXR link error]

I think that standard bars will make the group more consistent.

Nevertheless, I see 4 sites cross connected:

- gnome user (www.gnome.org)
- developer (develer.gnome.org)
- art (art.gnome.org)
- foundation (foundation.gnome.org ** no graphic ? **)
(do I miss something ?)

and the layout, as far as the graphics go, will resist
the addition of the second bar. The height doesn't secure
the tabs below the graphic,on the white side of the pages
(the logo has secured some white there).
Thus the graphic bar should go from side to side OR make the
tabs hang upside down from the graphic bar.

My problem, while I was drawing it in a piece of paper, was
the 2 horizontal menus in the white area.
One of the possible solutions was CSS regular tabs floating
inside the bottom (z-index maybe) of the graphic area and the rest of the selections underneath. I haven't tried it in cross browser mode
yet, so I don't know if it fits.

Maybe I need to think about it a little more ... :)

Fotis

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Thomas Wood">

This has been the case for some time and it really should have been fixed
by now. The link needs to be removed or LXR fixed. The presence of a 404
page like this does not do our reputation any good.

(Fixes for obvious breakage accepted without confirmation or anything; go
for it!)

Personally, I don't understand why developer.gnome.org gets a different
set of header links. Shouldn't the header links be standardised across the
gnome.org sites?

Totally. Here's what I'd really love to see: Standard top level header links
across all sites, and then on the developer oriented sites/pages, a sexy tab
bar of sites (or tools, really). So we'd have d.g.o itself, bugzilla, wiki,
viewcvs, etc. Then the developer area would feel really well integrated
across all of the sites and tools, and you could get to all of them within
one click. If anyone wants to start on this in the dgo template, please do!

Example:

  FOOT
  FOOT
  FOOT  About GNOME * Download * Users * Developers * Foundation * Contact
  ______________| developer | wiki | bugzilla | viewcvs |_________________

Like this. What do you think?