Re: gnome.org/projects/

On 6/10/05, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
> <quote who="Luis Villa">
>
> > > Agree. But shouldn't be too hard to generate it with some simple shell
> > > in the Makefile (so it's generated every time the site is built), rather
> > > than doing it dynamically with php.
> >
> > Right, I'm just saying that I'm good with php and suck at (mostly anything
> > else) :)
>
> Oh! Heh. I read that wrongly. ;-)
>
> So that page is ugly and boring. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to
> make it slightly more interesting, too. Maybe we should just make a simple
> list and be done with it, but that seems lame.

<shrug> I don't think it is actually linked to from anywhere, and I
don't think it should be, so it doesn't matter that much. Maybe just
redirect it to www.gnome.org? But, at the least, having it list
projects hosted here + a link to softwaremap/gnomefiles doesn't seem
bad. Could put the stock banner/sidebar on it.

> (If the project meta info was in some kind of common format, we could put
> some additional info on the project page, automagically sucked from there.

*cough* forge.gnome.org + foaf *cough*

> But it would still be a very boring list.)

Some lists just are :)

> GNOME Summit 2005: October 10th-12th        http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

BTW, 8th-10th, not 10th-12th.