Re: "AddDefaultCharset UTF-8" for all parts of .gnome.org?

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 11:04 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
><quote who="Danilo Šegan">
>
>> I know this was in place for some time, and then it was reverted due
>> to problems with some of the pages[1].
>
>> [1]http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-web-list/2004-March/msg00085.html
>
>We really oughta fix this however, everywhere. Hmm.
>
>- Jeff

Seems to me that we doing the AddDefaultCharset thing across the board
would be a good thing, with the exception of bugzilla (at least for now,
while a UTF8-enabled bugzilla isn't forthcoming). Anyone that chirps up
and identifies a broken area (e.g. Carlos in the post above) should be
persuaded to iconv/recode it to UTF8 and re-commit it. If that isn't
possible for some reason, we can add Directory/Location blocks to
disable/override the 'AddDefaultCharset' per-area until it can be fixed.

Is that a reasonable understanding of the situation?

--
Ross