Re: Annotated online documentation

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 14:27 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:

>  - I think user comments are a bit of a bad idea without an active
>    editorial process. Useful information needs to be moved into the
>    real docs. Wrong information needs to be deleted.

Very important point here. This is why I have resisted adding comments
to art.gnome.org as so many people have requested. Without some sort of
editorial/moderation process any comments system will fall prey to spam
and unhelpful (offtopic/queries/useless) comments.

If a comment system is going to be added, a review process has to be in
place, and there has to be enough people to make it work. The comment
system on osnews.com is interesting because it allows users to help in
the moderation process (the "report abuse" link).

-Thomas