gnome rss news feeds- questions and braindumps

Hey, all-
Questions and a bit of a brain dump.

(1) Any idea why

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/LATEST.xml

doesn't actually seem to show up in

http://planet.gnome.org/news/

?

(2) is there a particular reason we're not including
http://www.gnomefiles.org/files/gnomefiles.rdf

in p.g.o/news/?

braindumps:
(1) I think it would be cool to have either a p.g.o/news/ feed that
scanned google news for news on the 'gnome desktop' keyword. It
happens that someone wrote a pop+google news->rss script,
(http://yergler.net/blog/archives/2004/11/08/recording-your-15-minutes-of-fame)
and I've set up a throwaway gmail account that is subscribed to the
google alert[1] for 'gnome desktop'. But I have ~0 time to glue these
bits together- if someone here has the time to do that, or knows
someone who does, that would rock, IMHO. I'd be OK with either
creating another dummy gmail account or letting people use the one I
have if they want it.

(2) http://www.mozilla.org/ has announcements and news feeds directly
on their front page, which seems to make it a more dynamic page and
slightly more useful to people. Do people here have thoughts/comments
on that? (They used to have a feed from their planet on the front page
as well, but I guess they've taken that down, which is a shame; I
thought it humanized the project a bit.)

[1]http://www.google.com/alerts

Anyway, just a dump of some rss-related thoughts tonight-
Luis