Re: Fixing pango.org

On 8/25/05, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Tom von Schwerdtner wrote:
>
> > http://tvon.etria.com/images/mango.png/image_view_fullscreen
>
> Very nice!  I like that.

I'm glad you like it, but in retrospect I think something in grayscale
with a more 'newspaper' style layout might be better (and very nice
fonts).  A grayscale or muted design would focus more on typography
than colors.

>  Just if we could get the that
> caligraphic output from Pango ;).

The font is 'Scriptina' and Pango can/did render it, it's just not
that usable on the desktop.  This is a shot of a scriptina terminal
next to my usual terminal (they are both 80x17):
http://people.etria.com/~tvon/scriptina-terminal.png

-Tom