Re: Missing "Art & Themes" link in gnome.org home

On 20 Aug 2004, at 5:19 am, Curtis Hovey wrote:

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 22:41 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
This was a point I was going to raise on the gnome-web-mailing list, and
so I have CC'd this reply to the list.

I agree that it would be nice if all the *.gnome.org used the same links
in the header. Does anyone have any suggestions for a standard list of
links? Perhaps a list of links to all the sub-domains of gnome.org would
be suitable. This would possibly mean www, developer, art, foundation,
planet, mail and any others I've forgotten.

I'd like to do this--one set of top level links for all sites.  I don't
think the matter is as simple as list popular hosts. I think we need to review who our users are, and what their needs are. Do users care about
our domains?  Do they consider art + themes + downloads the same thing?
Are their expectations met when they go to a domain?

I don't think users would look for art/themes under downloads, as downloads usually means downloading of software. Also the art site is totally separate from the download information for GNOME.

I'm going to begin an effort to organize our use cases.  I aim to get a
good definition of what the gnome site should do for users, and who
those users are.

Any progress on this? Do we even have any use cases anywhere?