Re: Splash for 2.8 release

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 13:05 -0300, Sebastien Biot wrote:
> In the spirit of "release early, release often," here are three more
> splash images. Some of it which is of dubious quality I included anyway
> as a means to experiment and get some feedback. ;-)
>
> 1) ?
> http://www.viralata.net/gnome/wgo_splash/gnome28_04.html
>
> 2) Reusing the page's color palette.
> http://www.viralata.net/gnome/wgo_splash/gnome28_05.html
>
> 3) Going against the page's color palette and messing with the slogan.
> http://www.viralata.net/gnome/wgo_splash/gnome28_06.html
>

> Sebastien

I would still go with including a screenshot. It gives visitors a much
clearer visual indication of what "GNOME 2.8" is (i.e. a desktop
environment).

Personally, I would try and steer clear of using phrases like "amazingly
beautiful" because they are highly opinion based. I'm sure we don't want
to sound like we're blowing our own trumpet too much! ;-)

-Thomas