Splash for 2.8 release

In preparation for next week's big event I've started thinking about possible splash graphics for the wgo front page. I got the following three images out for your reviewing pleasure.

1) Flat(ish) but gets the job done:
http://www.viralata.net/gnome/wgo_splash/gnome28_01.html

2) 3D effect; a bit nerdy perhaps:
http://www.viralata.net/gnome/wgo_splash/gnome28_03.html
(I just realized that the text on the right hand side needs to be better aligned to the image on the left. I'll correct that soon.)

3) Quite abstract but still my personal favorite:
http://www.viralata.net/gnome/wgo_splash/gnome28_02.html

I chose "Smart, Efficient, Beautiful" as the working slogan for this release. Those adjectives reflect my personal opinion of GNOME and of what GNOME "marketing" *could* center on and nothing else. Suggestions of alternatives are welcome.

The screenshot in 1) and 2) is from my 2.6 desktop. It's more a place-holder at this point than an actual candidate for the final image. I know that Jeff recently requested screenshots of 2.8. We could use one of those instead of mine.

Sebastien

--
Sebastien Biot - www.viralata.net
         "mus in pice"