Re: Applets tutorial

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 11:15 +1300, Glynn Foster wrote:
> Heya,
>
> > following the discussion with Davyd in bug 153987, I have written a
> > new section for the Gnome 2 applets tutorial about applet resizing.
> > The tutorial is present in CVS in html and sgml. The html looks
> > auto-generated, so I assumed the sgml was the original handmade file,
> > and I worked in it. I have attached a patch for this file. Please let
> > me know if I should have worked directly in html (I couldn't find any
> > wml file for this document...)
> > It might also be better to move this file from
> > www.gnome.org/projects/ORBit2 to developer.gnome.org where it
> > belongs...
>
> I've committed the change back to gnomeweb-wml, but only to the sgml
> file. I'm not entirely sure how to regenerate the html file based on the
> sgml, so I'll leave that to someone else...but you're completely right,
> all this stuff should be on d.g.o.

I've played with the update, and am considering our options.  I have a
new version that is XML, and I can generate HTML from it using gnome-
doc-utils or the gnomeweb script I used to make the guides.  The truth
is neither is particularly suitable, but some minor compromise between
the two will get us a nice looking page.

There is nothing stop us from regenerating the current HTML (in its
plain style), and publishing a nicer version that is a part of
developer.gnome.org.  A little time is needed for me to to add some
presentation/layout rules to gnome-doc-utils to handle articles and
tutorials for the website.

One note though, the images are not in CVS.

Do I commit an the XML version of the applet tutorial?  Do I extend g-d-
u to have web-ready rules for our articles?  Do I publish the tutorial
on d.g.o?

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.