Re: flawed CVS Scripts (was Re: d.g.o/dotplan/schedule outdated!)

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 13:48 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 07:08, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="James Henstridge">
> >
> > > However, using rsync to copy the files from a temporary build tree to the
> > > live tree is better for caching.  Apache generates the ETag from the file
> > > size, inode number and modification time, so even if you keep the
> > > modification time the same, web browsers and caches will think the file
> > > has changed.
> >
> > Cool, that's definitely preferable.
>
> Just make sure that you --dry-run or whatever the first time; there
> may well be unmanaged content in the tree that *is* needed.

Good call.  Making d.g.o's API docs are a separate job.  This would be
easier, possibly more reliable, if we kept valuable docs in a library.
Docs in the library would never be deleted because they have some value
even after they are obsolete.  All other Web sites only maintain current
materials.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.