Re: Get GNOME

<quote who="Murray Cumming">

> I guess we should have some kind of instructions on www.gnome.org for how
> to install GNOME, apart from just the download link to the sources at
> start/stable.
>
> I guess this has to be a list of versions distros, with specific
> instructions, and a note about which GNOME version is actually available
> on that distro. The distros themselves are not very good at advertising
> that information, and it would be nice to have it all in one place.

> Does that seem like a good idea?

Yeah, although I tend to think we should just mention distributors, and
leave off the version stuff. Will anyone maintain it? Probably not. Unless
we work out some clever way of doing it or getting the distributors involved
in that process. That's probably a different problem.

This ought to go on the start/ page, with lots of other rad 'getting into
GNOME' stuff, but we can get to that later. :-)

Thanks,

  "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am: Stuck in the
     middle with you." - Steeler's Wheel, Stuck in the Middle With You