Re: Get GNOME

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 13:51, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I guess we should have some kind of instructions on www.gnome.org for
> how to install GNOME, apart from just the download link to the sources
> at start/stable.
>
> I guess this has to be a list of versions distros, with specific
> instructions, and a note about which GNOME version is actually available
> on that distro. The distros themselves are not very good at advertising
> that information, and it would be nice to have it all in one place.
>
> For instance:
>   Debian: GNOME 2.4: apt-get install gnome
>   RedHat 9: GNOME 2.4: Click on the right thing at the right time during
> installation.
>   Fedora Core 1: GNOME 2.6: yum something or other, I guess.
>   etc
>
> Does that seem like a good idea?

I think so.  We have an orphaned page that is somewhat related,
http://www.gnome.org/commsupp.html, that we may want to review.  It
think we should add the install/update into to the start page (The
download link), with a followup link to commercial support.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.