Re: How can I help?

On 6 Apr 2004, at 04:33, Curtis Hovey wrote:

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 14:20, Martin Alderson wrote:
I'd like to help the GNOME website. I can design graphics, design
layouts using semantic HTML and CSS and also I'm pretty flient at using
Apache + PHP and some variant of SQL (mySQL/SQLite).

There are a lot of easy tasks that you can do to get familiar with the
code. Checkout the gnomeweb-wml and web-devel-2 modules. The README in
gnomeweb-wml has an introduction to setting up you local environment to
make changes.  Please submit your patches (diffs) to bugzilla, (sending
and email to this list will also help get the word out to someone who
can commmit you patch).  If you have questions can catch someone in
#webhackers on irc or send a message this list.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit unsure to how to use CVS, so if you could run me through how I would check it out I'd be happy.

PS: I'm running on Mac OSX 10.3 and Fedora Core 2 Test 2, if that makes any difference.

I'll have a go at sorting out those links if I can get it checked out.

Martin Alderson,
IntechHosting

Email: martin intechhosting co uk
Web: http://www.intechhosting.co.uk