Re: protest page is tired

<quote who="Steve Hall">

> Ok, here's 20 minutes of effort to spruce up a little:
>
>   http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v3/
>
> It still has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the site's design,
> but yer already working on that, right?

Front page layout? Yeah, but some interim prettiness is definitely
warranted. If you're keen, keep going. ;-)

> I keep wanting to put some sort of sunrise cloudscape, a la:
>
>   http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v2/img/header-bg-clouds04.png
>
> but a single image is too expensive.

Depending on what you're going for, a big, low-quality, high-smoothness jpeg
can do wonders. I had some happy leaves/grass stuff going on a while back, I
should put those up somewhere as an example. I have a really nice 'curiosity
killed the cat' style too, but... Not a good message. ;-)

       "A rest with a fermata is the moral opposite of the fast food
           restaurant with express lane." - James Gleick, Faster