Re: removing or updating old pages

<quote who="Curtis C. Hovey">

> I see two pages that are not linked to on w.g.o, but are visible through
> Google.
>
> Google: 'gnome screenshot' 9th in list
> http://www.gnome.org/seegnome.html
> This is woefully outdated and I think should be removed from the site.
> If the resrouce must be maintained, we should redirect to
> http://www.gnome.org/start/2.4/.

Agree - I thought this would have been redirected though; if we rebuilt the
site from scratch, the files wouldn't appear there (unfortunately, the site
is built on top of itself, over and over, and is almost never cleaned; this
will change soon so that we build to a new directory, and do a quick move or
something).

> Google: 'gnome press contact' 1st in list
> http://www.gnome.org/speakingabout.html
> This looks valid.  Should it be merged with http://www.gnome.org/press/,
> or link from /press to speakingabout.

Agree.

GNOME Summit 2003: New York, USA          http://www.nylxs.com/events/gnome/

  I wonder how many bugs have gone unfixed due to misspellings of "FIXME".