Re: contact page revised with commerical support

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 06:49, Glynn Foster wrote:
> > I added a link to GNOME commercial support
> > (http://www.gnome.org/commsupp.html) under the 'Related links' to the
> > user contact page.
> >
> > commsupp looks valid, but there are no links to it on the site.  I see
> > there is a single link to it in
> > gnomeweb-wml/include/www.gnome.org/menus.wml, the old menus.  I think it
> > would be beneficial to users to make this page more prominent.
>
> Hrm, I almost think that this type of thing should be linked off the
> Download page, rather in the Contact page.

Good point.  I think both.  I've setup several computers for people
(Solaris and Redhat) and they don't always know where to find support.
The user may know they are using GNOME (their desktop), but they don't
necessarily distinguish it from the OS.  If the problem is the OS, or OS
+ GNOME, than I hope the user can find support in the right place.

> The list seems incomplete, and slightly out of date [also
> non-alphabeticalized] - I notice there is no Debian, and Code Factory
> has since disappeared. Plus I'm not entirely sure about the
> categorization between 'GNOME Distributors' and 'Support providers',
> since many distributors also do support contracts.

 has received two updates this year.  Imendio was added. most recently.
Codefatory was removed in version 1.17.  I don't think Debian offers
commercial support.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.