Re: cvs.gnome.org

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 18:28, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> > > Pardon?  LXR has the very latest code from mozilla's CVS, bonsai isn't
> > > very far out of date either, though it's got a few fixes to be merged
> > > in.  Neither is under particularly active development, so getting
> > > updates merged from upstream isn't a major priority.  Unless you were
> > > talking about something else entirely?
> >
> > Sorry, didn't mean that they hadn't been updated properly on this end.
> > More that the software itself seems very outdated when compared to
> > viewcvs.
>
> Ah, well, I don't see that either.  :-)  Folks seem to find "browsing"
> by way of viewcvs easier than by lxr/bonsai, but I think my list of
> features that are in bonsai/lxr and not viewcvs is much longer than my
> list of features that go the other way.  Please, be constructive, and
> tell me what's missing, so that I can get it added one way or another.

Well I'm by no means a power lxr/bonsai users and they undoubtably have
more features in some areas than viewcvs, and I wasn't suggesting that
they be replaced.

For me it's just easier to browse a repository with viewcvs. I can get
loads of info in one page instead of having to view 10 or twenty in
bonzai. The browser tells me the last comment for each file, how long
since it was committed to, who committed to it, and provides links to
the latest version and file history. A lot faster than the popup thing
that bonsai uses.

--
Mark Finlay <sisob eircom net>