Re: Searching for GNOME User Guide

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 13:34, Eugene O'Connor wrote:
> I searched google for the following terms: GNOME user guide
>
> I got the following results:
>
> Hits 1,2,3 point to a version of the UG that is quite old (1999).
> Hits 5 and 6 point to the UG for GNOME 1.4.

Solution here is to just have these pages become redirects to the new
stuff- I mean, it's not like these are on wacky mirrors- they are on
gnome.org and redhat.com. I've cc'd gnome-sysadmin- maybe they can take
care of this?

> Hit 7 points to mail.gnome.org
> Hits 8 and 9 point to user guides for the General NOAA Oil Modeling
> Environment (GNOME)!

Probably not much we can do about these, except as Andrew has already
suggested- link our stuff agressively in release notes and such.

> Of Hits 11-30, none of them points to a manual later than 1.4.

Most of these are historical mirrors- we're probably not going to be
able to get people to bring them down or modify them.

Luis