Re: Template stuff.

<quote who="Steve Hall">

> My only concern with this approach is that it will likely mean two
> sets of graphics with the current design, which could add considerably
> to the maintenance effort.

Not if it's done with a fair amount of forethought - I don't think this is a
problem. (Again, I think this perspective comes from being locked in to the
current implementation of the design.)

> After seeing this, I'm sure you and I have different design tastes. ;)
> While you call this cleaner, I'd say it looks flat. This grided,
> two-dimensional look is hugely popular right now, but I'd say maybe a bit
> dated.

(My only comment on this is that pokey, square, sectionned designs are very
difficult to grok - I don't think Joakim's displays that though.)

> My intentions have always been to push the look towards a
> three-dimensional feel, given that GNOME is about environment. It might be
> a jump to call a desktop three dimensional, but why then do we insist on
> beveled windows, textured controls and shadowed icons?  Answer: it's
> easier to see and manipulate. (When done right, obviously.)

For a user environment perhaps, but for a web page? ("page")

I think this recent design is a lot less... Fifties chunky plastic. :) The
removal of that big line is great, far less sectionny - I've never really
liked it. ;)

      "Love never misses the chance to put the boot in." - Kelly, SLOU