Hello, I'd like to help with the website

Hi,

I e-mailed webmaster gnome org about wanting to see some changes as far
as the organization of Gnome.org goes and it looks like you guys have
beat me to it.

I'm not sure how much introductions are necessary here, but I'll give
you guys one anyone.  :)  My name is Bart and I was originally born in
Poland, but have lived in the U.S. for over 14 years. Right now I'm a
Fine Arts student (with Studio Art/French minors...) at NYU and have
been playing with Linux off and on for several years now. This summer I
finally took the plunge and turned my Windows/Linux dual-booting laptop
into Linux-only and have been playing a lot with GNOME2.

I've also been developing website since about 1994 and would really like
to help out the GNOME project as much as I can in that area since I
think communication is really important as far as open projects like
these goes. I write standards compliant code and as I mentioned in my
e-mail to webmaster gnome org , I bug all my friends on other
browsers/OSes to look at sites for me and send screenshots so that I get
consistency across the board (including Linux/Mac/Windows browsers).

I've skimmed through the archives of this mailing list and it looks like
you guys haven't decided on a definite look for the site yet. Would I
offend anyone if I made my own mock-ups? I agree with someone else who
said that we should consider using the glossy effect that the current
GNOME.org logo (and speaking of wish, is there transparent
large-resolution or SVG version of the new foot logo available
somewhere?) has. And I think we should also pay close attention to the
colors and over-all feel of Jimmac's new icons (
http://jimmac.musichall.cz/ ) since it looks like those are becoming
fairly standard within GNOME applications (though I also do understand
that the GNOME.org look should stand on its own away separately from
Ximian's...).

- Bart