Re: Webhacking Status

<quote who="Tomas V.V.Cox">

> Many people like me, came here months ago wanting to help on the new
> gnome-web, but nobody here was able to write minimal specs for the site
> needs.

I was stuck in the same boat. It seems the people who wanted to take a lead
didn't, and everyone else was put on hold because of this.

> My thought is that if you want to see the web grow, say what to do and
> give the right access to the developers. Discussing about progress or
> implementation has no much sense for me when people doesn't know about
> what we are speaking.

Here's your opportunity to add to our status list - if you think a
specification is in order, leap in, say you're going to do it, and show us
the code (so to speak).

There's a bunch of people bringing their work together now, and it's looking
cool. The main site hasn't had much of a look-in throughout all of this,
just about everyone is interested in their own modules such as the applist,
etc. Small bite-sized chunks are good. My own interest is
developer.gnome.org, and I'll be focusing my efforts there.

Start hacking up some stuff, post to the list, and people will check in your
changes. When the time is right, you'll probably get a CVS account too.

Rock on!

                    "Whatcha wanna be when you grow up?"
                            "Eight and a half."