Re: Enhancing Gnotices

On Tue, 2001-09-11 at 01:33, Michael R. Bernstein wrote:
> How does Trove store account information? Zope can interface with
> practically any source of authentication and authorization, though some
> setups take some more work.

Trove itself doesn't not store any account information. The
authentication is done via session.php (or logger.php in CVS
SourceForge). I wish I could show you only that file, but SF doesn't
(currently) use CVS on sf.net. See
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1&release_id=18242
for a download.

Basically I think you will need to just write some code to interface
with the users table. It's rather trivial and you could end up putting a
function call to check for login status on each page that needs it.

e.g. SF pages have : session_require (array(isloggedin=>1));

> > I'm currently working on listing the projects in the Software
> > Map. Next is listing their latest releases in the File Release System.
>
> Is this is what will be exposed via RSS?

The last updated projects will be exposed. I'm sure we could export any
other data we desire with little problem.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org