Re: Enhancing Gnotices

Great work Michael!
You haved fixed the two most glaring problems with Gnotices with these
fixes. The TROVE RSS feed is the only critical thing we need fixed in
the short run, and the b-day issue a nicety which would
let us keep the b-day announements as a community building thing without
annoying people interested in GNOME development news.

Of the remaining issues there are two things which I think would be
really nice to see if something can be done with given the uncertainty
of the Swishdot timetable. That is Delayed publication and the event
calendar. The calendar would be really nice if as a short term solution
could be moved to display items from:
http://www.gnome.org/resources/calendar.html

Since the calendar just displays items from an ordinary website I would
think that changing to the URL above would be in the tweak category?

Delayed publication is I guess a much bigger issue and I understand if
implementing it might be very difficult with the current technology
stack, so maybe we simply must let it be until Swishdot is ready.

Anyway once again thanks to you Michael for fixing this and thanks also
to Jonathan and Chris for their help with this.

Christian