Re: Continued template refinements

On Sat, 2001-10-20 at 09:53, digitect mindspring com wrote:
> More template refinements. The now single HTML template uses JavaScript
> to (very basically) detect the browser and deliver the appropriate CSS
> (it should look right for you if you use Mozilla, NS4 or IE5+.):
>
> http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v2/3-0-1.html

This looks great!

We're getting a bit of wrap around in the menu though. Is there anyways
that we can dynamically adjust the page content width to compensate for
the side menu getting larger? Gecko based browsers will need a nowrap if
you're using tables in the menu.

Another thing we can think about. The folder and page graphics on there
now are consistent with GNOME 1.x, but I'm wondering if we shouldn't
replace them with some spiffy new Evolution or Nautilus icons? I'm
thinking the page icon could use Evolution's 'New Message' icon and of
course Nautilus' icons are themeable so maybe they'd change color as the
site template changes? Or maybe that'd be too confusing?

http://foxhut.org:81/~drfickle/poo/2001_10_20_121358_shot.jpg

> As a side note, I have somehow managed to completely straighten out the
> Netscape 4 template as you can see in this screenshot:
>
> http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v2/img/3-0-1-ss-windows-ns-4-7
> .png

You are the man! I think you've done the impossible.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org