Re: Updated Software Map test site

On 04 Oct 2001 23:22:37 -0500, Steve Fox wrote:
> On Thu, 2001-10-04 at 06:29, Michael Davies wrote:
> > i.e. Instead of Microsoft Excel (.xls) I'd suggest .xls (Microsoft
> > Access).  You'll have some overlap, like *.doc mapping to M$ Word and
> > also Adobe Framemaker and also Corel(?) WordPerfect.
>
> Ok, have a look at
>
> http://gnome.foxhut.org:81/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=275
>
> and tell me how it looks now. I changed from using parenthesis to a dash
> because it looked cluttered.

I think what you've got maps better to how people will search.

You are right about clutter - even with the dash it still isn't perfect,
but I guess it'll have to do unless we can think of another way to
present the same info.

Ciao,
--
Michael Davies            michaeld senet com au
I am dumb - most of the time I'm playing smart.