[Fwd: Website]

-----Forwarded Message-----

> From: Brian Parry <antenna shoal net au>
> To: webmaster gnome org
> Subject: Website
> Date: 12 Nov 2001 18:19:27 +1100
>

> This is one of the worst designed websites I've ever come across. All
> I want is to see if gimp-plugin-template is available as a tar ball, but
> there
> isn't any search mechanism.

While I don't appreciate his tone (not to mention he's looking at the
wrong website), I can understand his frustration. I'm feeling that same
frustration myself as we are still having the same problem where none of
us have the proper access to implement any of the items we've been
working on (the Software Map is just sitting there since I have
essentially  zero MySQL access).

Can someone slap gnome-sysadmin around enough for us to get the proper
controls we need? My previous requests have been ignored.

I need a database (how about 'gnomeweb'?) which will store all the
software map, user accounts, and project information in it.

Josh Eichorn has a search engine ready, but he has no access either.

It would also be nice if we could have a test site on some odd port to
do the development/porting to the new site template. I believe the new
template is 95% or more done, so we need to start hacking on actual back
end code now.

Someone PLEASE help us progress. This stalemate is causing many would-be
contributors to loose interest.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org