Re: introduction

Thomas O'Dowd <tom nooper com> wrote:

> Well, basically gnome.org doesn't really
> do the job that I thought it would be doing from a user,
> semi-interested developer/contributor perspective.

I think everyone on this list feels the same. :)

> So first question - Am I in the right mail list?

Yup.

> Another question - I've been surfing the archives to find out how
> decisions are made around here, but couldn't really find out
> quickly. Excuse my ignorance but are there project leaders as such?

Well, several folks have been contributing both knowledge and interest
since the beginning. A few have professional jobs or leadership roles
with other GNOME-related companies or projects. I'd say that generally
leaders bring the list to consensus and have CVS access. :)

> The reason that I ask
> this is that over the last couple of months the new web pages have
> been discussed with even designs laid out and some code written,
> but most people seem to be just waiting for guidance or some joint
> decision.

I think we're to the point of having to actually make the dream rather
than just talk about it. And I'm guessing that between the GNOME 1.4
release and the associated Ximian release, several folks on the list
have been quite busy.

Steve  [ digitect mindspring com]