[Chris Withers <chrisw nipltd com>] Re: Porting gnotices off of antique squishdot

OK, looks like we finally have a handle on fixing gnotices; due to
some assistance from Chris Withers (the Squishdot Maintainer).

Elliot is going to look into following these directions in the
next day or two.

Regards,
                                        Owen

--- Begin Message ---
Owen Taylor wrote:
> Anyways, I appreciate you taking a look at this. If the clean solution
> involving a new version of Squishdot is the simplest for you, and you
> think the chances are good that you'll get to that within then next
> two weeks, then it sounds like we should just sit tight.

Sat tight? ;-)

Right, the stuff you need to get you going is now in the Squishdot CVS.

I'd recommend the following:
- Get Zope 2.3.1b1 up and running
- Import a zexp of gnome-news
- Run the 0-3-x_0-4-x updater
- Run the 0-7-x_1-0-0 updater

(the docs for doing the last two are in the Updaters folder of the CSV
Squishdot)

If it gives you some hope, I have gnome-notices running on Zope 2.3.1b1 here!
:-)

If you have any mroe problems, gimme a shout.

cheers,

Chris

--- End Message ---