Re: New set of comps.

Hi

Congratulations for the comps, looking excellent (are
the drop down menus gone ?
they save lots of space)

But you are missing the most important part -
providing content. I've followed
the discussion since the first Joakim's draft, which
was good/necesary.
Having basic organization/navigation in mind, the next
step should've been
finding common parts between the 'modules' (news,
foundation...)
and think about how to implement them. Only thing set
was that it will
be php and a database (I strongly recommend postgresql
b/c of ease of
install/maintenance and performance/features, even if
most of them aren't
needed NOW -- who knows, maybe gnome will be used by
everyone <g> and it will need
a powerful website). We are working on a web app for
translators and got a big
refusal for postgresql from gnome ppl in charge with
server, only files with sql interface (mysql).

I don't see the point of the neverending look
discussions now; what will be next ? site will be
made in dreamweaver ?

Joakim, please make a draft with implementation which
we can comment upon, maybe we'll get that
website out & fully functional in time for gnome 2.0

--
Marius Andreiana

PS: please reply to my address to, as we are switching
ISPs this week-end and I'm not sure I'll get all mail
from the list.

=====
Your mouse has moved. In order for the change to take effect,
Windows must be restarted. Reboot now ?  [ OK ]
http://lug.ro/~marius/