Re: Monthly check in

On 07 Jun 2001 07:58:11 -0400, Steve Hall (digitect) wrote:
> It's been a month since we've had any traffic. By my reading of the
> archives we were still trying to decide:

> 1. Implementation language. (PHP was suggested, is this final?)
> 2a. Database needed?
> 2b. What Database implementation?
> 3a. Gnotices needed? (The issue has been raised ;)
> 3b. Gnotices moderation method

I'd personally like to avoid touching the Gnotices issue at the moment,
just because people seem to be trying to figure out what to do about it
on an executive level.

As for the rest: I've finally gotten myself a decent home setup again
(the reason I went quiet is that I started working in an office instead
of at home, the horrors, and that made it harder for me to do volunteer
work like this), so now I'll be getting back to work on this project.

I think PHP is fairly decided on. I suggest we do the following (or
rather, I do it):

* Write some basic PHP templates and an example page or two.
* Use placeholder graphics and the like where none has been decided yet.
* Import that into a new CVS module.
* Announce it here so that we can all descend upon it like ravenous
wolves and start developing.

> Resolved issues include:
> * Navigation structure

Did we actually settle this? It's been a while... Do you have the final
structure, and could you post it? I tried reading the archives, but
found at least a couple of versions, but then again, I wasn't trying
terribly hard.

I also seem to remember that the structure was only for the first one or
two levels, so there are still issues under that, but we might want to
just defer those until we get ready to add content.

--
   Joakim Ziegler - Ximian Web Monkey - joakim ximian com - Radagast IRC
 FIX sysop - Free Software Coder - Writer - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer