Re: Suggestion for the News site

Duane Richards wrote:

> I'm currently working on a project to use php to allow my content updaters
> to dump into a predefined xml document which is then pulled back in by php
> when the page is read. This allows me to parse for dates, subjects and who
> updated the document among other things. I don't see why we couldn't use a
> system similar to this.

The problem is that people prefer to work in the develop of the web in a
CVS system. So every change you make, you need to submit to the CVS.
Personally I think that a CVS system for a web development is not good,
but is the chosen method.
There are another content managment systems, for example midgard
(http://proyect-midgard.org) or Oracle WebDB, but we still have the CVS
limitation.

Tomas V.V.Cox