Logical Site Structure

I originally sent this from the wrong email account so it is being held
for
moderation and you may see this posted in the future. I am copying
gnome-web-list-admin gnome org hoping my original will die.

I am very new to the mailing list but as a GNOME user I have found that
the links to GNOME type stuff appear scattered throughout the separate
web pages in the separate project areas of the GNOME web community.

Is it possible to have a good general "GNOME Web Map" at the gnome.org
site
level, possibly with not quite as much detail as everyone would want,
but a list with the links and descriptions of many "cool" and "hot"
GNOME related sites? The intent is to not overwhelm the browsing user
and also be fashionably
maintained, preferably from updates requested by the the
linked sites' maintainers.  If this is already being tackled or handled
in a different fashion, please pardon my intrusion.

I have very little web design experience but a quickly done and
extremely small example I threw together is located at:

http://www.precambrian.org/gwmap.html

As to the replies to "comp" I like both examples currently being
discussed. Maybe something in between?

E. Alan Hart (precambrian precambrian org)