Logical Site Structure

I am very new to the mailing list but as a GNOME user I have found that
the links to GNOME type stuff appear scattered throughout the separate
web pages in the separate project areas of the GNOME web community.  Is
it possible to have a general "GNOME Web Map" at the gnome.org site
level, possibly with not quite as much detail as everyone would want,
but a list with the links and descriptions of many "cool" GNOME related
sites? The intent is to not overwhelm the browsing user and also be
maintained periodically, preferably from updates requested by the the
linked sites' maintainers.  If this is already being tackled or handled
in a different fashion, please pardon my intrusion.

I have very little web design experience but a quickly done and
extremely small example I threw together is located at:

http://www.precambrian.org/gwmap.html

E. Alan Hart (precambrian precambrian org)