Re: request tracker

On Sun, 2001-12-02 at 00:01, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Luis Villa">
>
> > In reading the archives from last month, I've noticed there is a
> > discussion of a request tracking system. A suggestion: bugzilla is
> > reasonably well suited for request tracking. Since you have a web site
> > product already, it should be easy to add a 'request tracking' component
> > and use that to track whatever requests are necessary.
>
> I've mentioned this before, but it has been knocked back by Owen et al., and
> on further consideration, I think they're right.
>
> Bugzilla is great for bugs, not so great for request tracking and queues.
> (Yes, you can kludge it, but why?)

1) Because it's not much of a kludge (lots and lots of
people/organizations use bugzilla this way)

2) Because if you're relying on Owen, et al.* to provide an alternative,
if might be a long, long time before you have an alternative. You have
bugzilla now.

<shrug> no real skin off my back if you don't since I'm neither
requesting nor receiving requests; but I think it's silly to ignore a
tool at hand if there is a real need for such a system.
Luis

*not to knock Owen, but (rightfully so) his priorities are elsewhere
right now.