Re: Gnome People Idea.

On 18 Aug 2001 20:01:00 +0930, Michael Davies wrote:
> Two things.  Sounds like a good idea to me too.  Perhaps the same
> authentication mechanism that Steve Fox was talking about for trove
> could be used for hackers to update their own details on a GNOME people
> site (including photos).

That's an excellent idea! Since we are going to do all the neato
features, I am going to use the user account and project support built
into SourceForge. I think we will leave out stuff like journals since
advogato.org is already so good for that. But developer profiles, skills
listings, pictures, favorite links would be neat to have in there.

So here's a quick status report on the Software Map:

I had to "port" the site template over from WML (+PHP) to just PHP
because I can't get WML to compile for the life of me (incomplete
Makefiles, can't find my 5.6 Perl install :( ). That is done now and it
works swanky (Javascript menus and all). The software map browsing works
because I didn't really need to change anything. So this weekend I am
working on user accounts, and project registration. Once those are done,
we should be able to bang on it and put it live shortly after.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org