Re: Tackling the applist

On 14 Aug 2001 22:37:20 -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> If we were to just go with a simple replacement for the applist, so that
> we can get that flaming POS replaced ASAP, would it be possible to
> extend it to do more cool stuff later, or is that likely to make for
> some really ugly code?  I'd like to see some or all of these features,
> but I'd really like to have an applist that was useful for something.

I took a peek at the current applist code and it looks like it doesn't
even do any authentication? If that is correct, I can probably have a
Trove replacement for it in a couple days. Part of the reason why I want
to use more of the SourceForge code is because all the authentication
stuff is already in there, but it's easy to take out.

BTW, specifically what is it that everyone hates so much about the
current applist? Is it the presentation of apps or is it the
editing/updating of records? Just curious so that I know what to avoid
:)

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org