Re: initial structure ideas

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 05:10:17PM -0500, Alex wrote:

> <snip>
> > I think that everything on this list should be integrated with the GNOME
> content.
> > As you suggest, if we do this, the anti-gnome sentiment will probably die
> down
> > if people are introduced to both development environments at once.  You
> are
> > definitely correct to want to make good use of www.gtk.org, as I am sure
> that
> > a lot of people go to that when they want information on GTK+.  So, in
> summary,
> > basically what we should do it have it as an alternate starting point to
> the
> > gtk/gnome developer documentation, the software map, and then you can
> maintain
> > the ftp server separately, as you wanted to.  How does this idea sound to
> you?
> </snip>
>
> It seems to me that GTK+ and gnome are seperate enough projects that the
> GTK+ community should decide if they want to be integrated into the Gnome
> site
>
> --Alex

I'm not sure who better in the community to decide this than myself
and Owen, and we both believe these sites should be highly integrated.
I am *very* confident that other GTK+ developers would agree with
this decision.

I did not always hold this view.  That is why there is little to no
GNOME information on www.gtk.org currently.  GNOME wasn't ready to
be marketed strongly to the developer for a long time.  I think that
time has changed.

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson eventloop com
Research and Development                http://www.eventloop.com/

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking