Intro and some ideas

Hello Gnomers,

My name is Tomas Von Veschler, and I work as freelance sysadmin/web
developer since 1995. I have build many sites/portals using Linux,
PHP and DBs (mainly Postgres but also Mysql, Informix, Oracle,...). If you
want I like to help in coding the backend of the next Gnome Site.

In my expierence developing web sites I found several tecnologies that help
me a lot in the work (as I said always with PHP):

- Language: PHP is easy, fast, have a lot of functions (database support and
abstraction, image generation on the fly, i18n, etc) and is well known for
many web developers.
- Internacionalization: As someone said: the php gettext support (there is
also easy ways to do that).
- Coding: Using a template system, you can split php code from html, so
designers can work without break anything.
- Speed: Database use in a heavy traffic site, generates high loadaverages.
Using Cached Templates, you only need to query the database when a new
register in inserted.

If you like some of this ideas I can explain more them.

Best regards,

Tomas V.V.Cox
<cox idecnet com>

PD.- I have added my self in http://joshuaeichorn.com/gnomeweb/people.php
PD2.- Please excuse my horrible english :)