Re: initial structure ideas

cerebral side of me also wants to channel all these visitors to the right
area and have them be paraded through all the pages I want them to.

But the artist in me wonders if we shouldn't just create a fantastic feeling
site (fully compliant with whatever age browsers we choose) that draws us
all in and intrigues us. Newcomers will stay a few pages and find enough to
keep them looking. Old-timers may still wish to pass through the "front
door" just because of it's appeal. (I haven't used an Apple since 1991, but
I still go check out their page regularly.) I think this is where design
really counts. It structures content beyond the abstract to the gut level,
which is the danger of outlining content and to-do lists based on logical
parameters.

I hope we can marry these two perspectives. Remember the first time you
heard "GNOME"? The very notion of what popped into my head was a very
appealing earthiness that is quite missing elsewhere on the web today. I
hope we can capture that for the site.

Steve Hall (digitect mindspring com)