Re: Localization Structure Model

> Agreed. SQL seems overkill for this, and as pointed out, it makes it a
> whole lot more work to work with the translation instead of when
> everything is plain flat files in a cvs.

I have to disagree.  Slashdot get how many hits a day?  And they use MySQL on
the backend.  Besides, puting everything in the database simplifies
translation and updates by simplifying web base forms for updates as well as
notifications to the various translators that the page was updated.  Not to
mention that language simply becomes a field in the database.  Caching to
flat files is fine but probably use much more often than needs be.  However,
I don't know how well (if at all) MySQL or PostgreSQL etc... support
international character sets.