Re: Localization Structure Model

Hi, all.

  I'm Takayuki KUSANO. As a member of Japanese GNOME user group, I
  maintain some Japanese GNOME web sites (*) and interested in web.

  (*)  http://www.gnome.gr.jp/, http://www.jp.gnome.org/, etc.

At 16 Nov 2000 09:38:55 -0500,
Owen Taylor wrote:
  *snip*
>  * Then, for each language where we have a translation of the
>    site, we create a CVS module with parallel structure -
>    so corresponding to gnomeweb/poem.php3 we have
>    gnomeweb-lt/poem.l10n.
  *snip*
   :

  This scheme seems to be good. All languages in one file is hard to
  maintain (see *.desktop files in gnome software).

  But the number of modules under /cvs/gnome in cvs.gnome.org will
  become big. Latest gnome-core has 37 languages in po/ directory.

  If new cvsroot (for example, /cvs/gnomeweb) is arranged in
  cvs.gnome.org or somewhere else, the layout of web modules
  can be more simple.

     /cvs/gnomeweb
          +-- /CVSROOT
          +-- /en      <= master pages.
          +-- /bg_BG
          +-- /cs
              :
          +-- /wa
          +-- /zh_CN
          +-- /zh_TW

  And additionaly, the administrator can add web-only committers to
  this CVS.

  KUSANO Takayuki <URL:http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~AE5T-KSN/>