Re: Localization Structure Model

<quote who="Owen Taylor">

> Here a rough suggestion for a scheme, that combines a pure PHP
> original sites with a simple build process that does the
> mechanics of translation.

Interesting idea, and a good hack, but I can't see why (for the basic
interface text of the website, not the chunky content) we wouldn't simply
use gettext.

You can use it within PHP, our translators are familiar with it, and it
would become Just Another Project to translate.

More info in my intro, which I'm actually writing right at this moment. :)

- Jeff

-- jdub aphid net ----------------------------- http://lazarus.aphid.net/ --

       "A rest with a fermata is the moral opposite of the fast food
           restaurant with express lane." - James Gleick, Faster