Re: GNOME colors

I'm going to start trying to put some themed color compositions together towards
the end of the week so we can visualize how this (my palette) might work across
the many sub-sites. I won't specify which is intended for which area so that you
can read into them what you want. I realize that the color palettes Joakim and I
posted are pretty abstract and are hard to visualize. But it's going to take
some time to think through each sub-site's composition for mockups. Mine will be
basic blocks of color in the proportion and shape that we might use them, at 50%
scale. It will help us to discuss color composition and their possibilities
without actually designing the pages.

I have been keeping up with all the comps that everyone has submitted to date (I
think) so that I don't have to go back through the emails. They're at
http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/ if you're interested. I've also
posted a revised color comp (Steve Hall 02) here that is probably a little more
balanced and expressive of my neutral idea.

Are there any other color palette proposals? We're going to need to start moving
on this soon if we are ever to get through actual page design. Even though we've
made some good progress on discussing color and structure, I'm anticipating that
marrying these two will be quite the main event.

Steve  [ digitect mindspring com ]