Re: Design document [Draft 1]

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 11:56:57AM -0600, Joakim Ziegler wrote:

> TABLE OF CONTENTS
>
> 1. Introduction
>
> 2. Audience and goals
>
> 3. Navigation structure/usability
>
> 4. Graphical design
>
> 5. Localization
>
> 6. Technology

Also:

7. Contributors and Copyright

> 1. Introduction
>
> This is a draft design document for the GNOME websites. It's based on the
> discussion on gnome-web-list gnome org, as well as my own personal
> suggestions/preferences. Don't take things here as written in stone, this is
> mostly intended as a starting point for discussion.

The next version of this document should probably say something like:

The is a draft design document for the GNOME websites. It is based on
discussion by the GNOME Web Development Team on gnome-web-list gnome org
as well as feedback from GNOME users, contributors, and developers.
Don't take things here as written in stone, this is intended for
discussion purposes and to document the theory behind our decisions
while developing the website.

Delete the following paragraph, it is not relevant to the discussion:

> The structure of the document is fairly general, and is designed to
> accommodate most changes, so we won't have to go around changing the actual
> structure, just the content of the sections. It's a lot easier that way.

[ More in seperate e-mails ]

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson eventloop com
Research and Development                http://www.eventloop.com/

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking