Re: GNOME colors

Joakim Ziegler wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 12:25:44AM -0800, Michael Bernstein wrote:
> > Joakim Ziegler wrote:
>
> >> It's difficult to brand something this large and diverse. I'm hoping we can
> >> succeed by being fairly abstract in our approach. Possibly, we'll just have
> >> to say "this is what we want GNOME to be associated with", instead of "what
> >> is it people associate GNOME with?", because people's perceptions at the
> >> moment are very varied.
>
> > Has anyone on the 'GNOME marketing commitee' ever created a
> > positioning statement for GNOME?
>
> Not as far as I know. At least not as such. I think the information exists,
> and the answers to the questions are likely very similar wihtin at least the
> core community. Actually, a lot of them are answered in places such as the
> foundation charter.
>
> However, it's a good idea to have one. I don't feel that we have the mandate
> to create one, though, but it might be worthwhile to raise the issue with the
> board.

I've frequently found that going through the excersize of
creating one then makes look-and-feel decisions a lot
simpler. All you have to ask is which alternative expresses
the positioning that you want better. That answer will be
different for different mediums, but the message will still
be consistent, even if it's expression isn't.

Michael Bernstein.